Chocolate Chip Lava Cookies
Recipe Type: Cookies
Serves: 10 – 12 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup hot fudge, room temp
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- With your mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla and mix well.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix well.
- Fold in milk chocolate chips.
- Flatten a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough to fit in each muffin cup. I used a 1 tablespoon cookie dough scoop to help with the process. You will start by making 10 cookies.
- Use your finger to make a small indentation for the hot fudge. Place the (room temp.) hot fudge in a ziplock bag, snip the corner, and pipe about a tablespoon of hot fudge in the center of each cookie.
- To make the top portion of the cookie, repeat the process as you did to create the bottom by measuring a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough and flattening it to fit in the muffin cup.
- Place the flattened cookie dough on top of the fudge, and carefully press the cookie dough layers together. If you’ve made all 10 cookies and you have leftover dough, you can make additional cookies. Start with 10 to be on the safe-side so that you know you have enough cookie dough.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges start to brown. Run a knife around each cookie after it comes out of the oven to ensure the sides aren’t sticking to the pan. Allow the cookie cups to cool completely before removing them from the pan.
- Right before serving, heat the cookies for 15-20 seconds in the microwave so that the centers will be all gooey and melted. Top with ice cream, and additional hot fudge if you wish